You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

set up iphone without home button

Long story short, my iPhone shows me the screen it shows when you first get it.

You know, the 'hello' in different languages.

Well, my home button is broken, and it seems that the only way to unlock it is to press the home button, thanks to this wonderful ios10 update.

Is there any substitute to set up the iPhone?

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 17, 2017 9:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2017 8:49 PM

I had this problem as well. When on the 'hallo' screen I switched my phone off using by holding down the lock button and restarted it. When it switched on it skipped the part where it asks you to press the home button and you can then go from there with no trouble

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 14, 2017 8:49 PM in response to oklee712

I had this problem as well. When on the 'hallo' screen I switched my phone off using by holding down the lock button and restarted it. When it switched on it skipped the part where it asks you to press the home button and you can then go from there with no trouble

set up iphone without home button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.