Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I crazy? I can't connect via my .Mac account

Hello All ~

I've checked both .Mac and this discussion area and have not found a satisfactory solution as of yet. I have both a .Mac and AIM account, and can connect to all my buddies thru AIM, but when I log onto iChat with my .Mac account I can neither see my buddies, nor can they see me.

I tried the 443 and the 5190 port thing, I tried dumping all my .plist files associated with iChat (that I'm aware of), these did not work. I've checked the Console log files, but nothing was in them regarding iChat.

I do NOT get an error message, I do NOT get logged out, iChat does NOT crash. I did just get a new MPB, but I checked my old PB, and it does the same thing, so I don't believe it's the computer.

I have seen some obscure reference to QuickTime plugins(?) and WMV. Should I be deleting some QT plugins? Which ones? Where should I look? Is there something else?

Please HELP! I'd love to use my .Mac account again.

ChazH

PB Ti 1GHz - The last of it's kind Mac OS X (10.4.8) et al

Posted on Dec 24, 2006 11:37 AM

3 replies

Dec 24, 2006 12:41 PM in response to Sup909

I like that idea, but it just stopped working one day. I didn't use it for a while, and then when I went back to it, again recently, that's when it I noticed it.

Also, I've used drive and file repair utilities, repaired permissions, reset the PRAM, etc. all the usual stuff, too. Still not working.

ChazH

Dec 24, 2006 12:49 PM in response to ChazH

Hi ChazH,

Several threads are now covering this and similar issues (missing Camera icons) that seem to be coming from the AIM servers.

AIM do clear out old unused screen names but is not normally this close to Christmas that it happens.

From time to time they do have problems with their servers going out of Synch and this seems more likely.

Test things by setting up another Mac User account on your Mac and use the same iChat details and see if that proves if it is your current users settings (.plists).

More than likely it is the Christmas rush and AIM is struggling to keep up.

User uploaded file

8:48 PM Sunday; December 24, 2006

Am I crazy? I can't connect via my .Mac account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.