Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro Camera was deleted

Were i can installed camera because my camera is deleted. And when i am trying to open my camera it said " no camera connected "

Anyone can help me can download it. Please. User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 9:42 PM

You can't "download" a camera. It's hardware, a physical device. There does appear to be some software problem causing a connection issue, though.

I do notice from your screenshot that you've installed Clean My Mac, which is a huge scam program, and may have very well caused the issue. Uninstall it. You may need to reinstall macOS in order to undo the damage it has done.

After deleting Clean My Mac, try starting up in Safe Mode to test if the problem is gone: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up - Apple Support. If, after a subsequent normal restart, the problem is still there, reinstall macOS as I mentioned.

To do that, see: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2017 9:42 PM in response to itsmegeorge23

You can't "download" a camera. It's hardware, a physical device. There does appear to be some software problem causing a connection issue, though.

I do notice from your screenshot that you've installed Clean My Mac, which is a huge scam program, and may have very well caused the issue. Uninstall it. You may need to reinstall macOS in order to undo the damage it has done.

After deleting Clean My Mac, try starting up in Safe Mode to test if the problem is gone: Try safe mode if your Mac doesn't finish starting up - Apple Support. If, after a subsequent normal restart, the problem is still there, reinstall macOS as I mentioned.

To do that, see: How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support.

Jan 19, 2017 2:42 AM in response to itsmegeorge23

You appear to have installed quite a lot of extra bits of software. There is an eyeball symbol in your menubar which I do not recognise but perhaps that is a tool to restrict access to the camera to stop hackers from controlling it. If so perhaps it is blocking PhotoBooth from accessing it.

Your MacBook Pro like all MacBook Pros has a built-in camera and this will be listed as a USB device. If you go to the Apple menu, select About This Mac, and then System Report, and then look in the USB section see if you can see an entry that may be called "FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)" or similar. This is the built-in Apple camera.

A hardware problem is not completely impossible but unlikely, however if looking at the various software related tips suggested here does not help you could book a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store and get them to test it.

Another unlikely possibility is that if your MacBook Pro is being managed by a company IT department they may have configured systems to disable the camera, perhaps via a Mobile Device Management aka MDM system e.g. Apple's Profile Manager, or JAMF Casper Suite or similar. I get the impression this is a personal Mac so this would be unlikely.

My Macbook Pro Camera was deleted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.