Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s photos turn completely grey on camera roll and when imported to iPhoto

Took some shots today on my iPhone 6s and when I went to review them, a few of them were completely grey.

When I came home to import then into iPhone I could see them as thumbnails but when imported they turn grey again. Opened the photos in Image Capture and the same problem. Even in finder you can see them as thumbnails but when they scale to a larger size they become all grey images. When these images are opened in photoshop I get an error message "jpg file name too short etc." and am unable to open the file in photoshop even when renaming the JPG file extension. I checked the file size of these images and they're a mere 16k vs the normal 1mb+ size of an iPhone photo - which leads me to believe they were not saved properly to the phone after they were taken perhaps...

Is there a way to restore these images or are they completely lost for whatever reason.

Thanks!

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2, null

Posted on Jan 18, 2017 9:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 12:27 PM

I have the same issue with 64GB 6s.

Some recently taken pictures work, but some do not and end up grey. They never get better and I lose the shot. Rebooting did not help. It is inconsistent behavior. I have about 1.4GB of free space on my phone and I have about 21GB of photos and videos on my phone.

3 replies

Jan 19, 2017 2:24 PM in response to heyzachwilliams

Have same issue for the last days.

Have an iOS 10.2 German language 64Gb iPhone 6s with about 1,2 GB free space.

I have just started using the background updates the last days, while starting to use the pebble app in sync with pebble watch via Bluetooth.

It seems like the phone reacts slower than before too.

Outside temperature drops very low, does this might be an issue while using the phone on fresh air?

Memory broken?

Software defect without no update?

Camera roll broken?

I found no answer, please Apple reply.

Iphone 6s photos turn completely grey on camera roll and when imported to iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.