Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 bluetooth on VW Golf (2015)

The phone can't keep the BT connection with the car and is dropping the connection every 15-20 second.

After a couple of minutes it never reconnects and I have to have the car search for it again.

The car had the same problem with my old iphone 5s (both them)

The thing is it works fine with my iPad Air and my wife's iPhone 6s, so the BT actually works in the car.

Tried to turn BT of and rebooting the phone. That seemed to help as the phone kept the connection for several minutes. Turned the car of and the problem reoccured when they paired up again.

All devices are of course updated to laters software.

This is really annoying since the BT trouble was one of the main reasons I upgraded the phone from iPhone 5s :-(

Anyone have any ideas or smart thing I should test (before returning the phone and getting aIphone 6s)

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2, null

Posted on Jan 20, 2017 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 11:07 AM

Got the latest software, but I'm happy to say I have solved the problem on my own. This might actually help other with similar problems.

I have a lot of contacts in the phone. Stopped the synchronisation of contacts over BT and my problems are all gone.

The connection hasn't dropped once since I did this, works perfectly. (both media and handsfree)

I will try to set up a limited sync of favourites and see if that works as well.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2017 11:07 AM in response to Saifan Pilot

Got the latest software, but I'm happy to say I have solved the problem on my own. This might actually help other with similar problems.

I have a lot of contacts in the phone. Stopped the synchronisation of contacts over BT and my problems are all gone.

The connection hasn't dropped once since I did this, works perfectly. (both media and handsfree)

I will try to set up a limited sync of favourites and see if that works as well.

Feb 1, 2017 3:32 AM in response to KjellMesch

This is possible to disable on the iPhone rather than on the head until.

I did this with my previous vehicle as it prompted "contacts synced" each time I started the vehicle which was annoying and I don't think it's necessary anyways since Siri can dial desired contacts.

Here is how to do it:

• Settings → Bluetooth → tap the by the Vehicle Bluetooth Device
  • Sync Contacts = Off
  • Or if you prefer just Favorites
    • Sync Contacts = On
    • Phone Favorites ✔︎
    • On all the groups below, make sure nothing is checked.

iPhone 7 bluetooth on VW Golf (2015)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.