Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes error 2 when running on Windows 10...

So I had iTunes a very long time on my PC, but I had a HDD die and had to wipe my SDD with my OS on it. I had Windows 7 and couldn't get iTunes to run on it since this happened(24 hours ago), I was able to upgrade to Windows 10 free after talking to customer service with Microsoft, but I'm still getting the same:

Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunesHelper. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again.

Error 2 (Windows error 2)

I've run in every possible compatibility mode, I've run as administrator, with and without anti-virus and firewalls turned on, I've saved the install file and the program itself to various drives and nothing has gotten it to work. I have a new HDD obviously, but other than that and reformatting the SDD and upgrading the OS, nothing has changed that I can imagine making this happen.

Oh, and whenever I install iTunes, the only thing that gets installed is iTunes, no Bonjour, no iTunesHelper, no Quicktime, or any other Apple products that typically get installed along with iTunes when you install it.

I've tried at least 30 times now in various modes, I'm seriously at my wits end, appreciate any assistance, Microsoft customer service was a joke on this one.

Thank you,

Mike

Windows 10

Posted on Jan 20, 2017 6:57 PM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2017 6:00 AM in response to f108godd

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. It may help to temporarily disable any anti-virus software and run the installer as the administrator.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

iTunes error 2 when running on Windows 10...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.