Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Location not working

When I had my previous iPhone I could enter a new event into my calendar and for the location I would start typing the address and it would automatically start coming up with suggestions as to where I was going with the full addresses, it was great. Since I had my iPhone 7 and I'm on the lastest iOS I haven't been able to do this? I can manually enter anything but there are no suggestions at all. Location services are enabled and I can't think what else would be causing this?

Posted on Jan 21, 2017 12:20 AM

7 replies

May 30, 2017 2:53 PM in response to Leanne9lkb

I had the same problem. The cause was the calendar I was using as my default. I was using my work calendar which is backed by Exchange. It apparently doesn't support mapping/locations etc. I resolved it by changing my default calendar to an iCloud calendar. I tried leaving the default calendar as exchange and changing to another calendar when I wanted location services. This failed when I tried to save the event (couldn't change the privacy setting or some such).

Jan 22, 2017 5:36 AM in response to Leanne9lkb

Hi Leanne9lkb,

If I am understanding your post correctly, since getting your iPhone 7 you are unable to get the locations to populate when creating a calendar event even though Location Services are on. If you can go to Settings > Calendar > Scroll down to Location Suggestions and make sure that is on as well. If it is already on, please toggle it off, restart the iPhone and then toggle it back on and try to create a test event and see if the locations start to populate.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a great day!

Jan 22, 2017 11:18 AM in response to Leanne9lkb

Thanks for the follow-up information, Leanne9lkb.

At this time, if you could please reset Location Services on your iPhone, then open the Calendar app, allow access to your location and then test.

If you would like to reset all of your location settings to the factory default, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Location & Privacy. When your location and privacy settings are reset, apps will stop using your location until you grant them permission.

About privacy and Location Services in iOS 8 and later

If you are still having issues, make a backup of your iPhone, then remove the Calendar app and then re-add the Calendar app. Try to add another event. If you still are unable to get the location information to show, please restore the iPhone to factory new and then test the Calendar app again.

Dec 15, 2017 10:18 AM in response to Leanne9lkb

In my case, the problem was a faulty address---I had the street address and the suite number. When I removed the suite number, the location immediately showed within the calendar app, as I had come to expect and rely on. So, it was operator error in my case. That said, maybe some day the app will be smart enough to ignore things like the suite number.

Jan 5, 2018 12:07 AM in response to Leanne9lkb

I have same issue with adding location search in calendar when creating new event.

When i try to search certain place(like clinic or shop whatever) in most of the case it shows me results in other city(like in case i live in Saint-Petersburg but results are shows for Moskow, Russia)

Although it is not allowed to "search manually" like in Maps exact location like street and building number if it not found automatically (only street address works available).

Already try most of the options from this thread but is is obvious that location service is buggy and not works as it should in different map engines and side apps.

Calendar Location not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.