Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

El Capitan 10.11.6 and Logic pro 9.1.8 are they compatable?

Hi, I have just had a new SolidState Drive put into my iMac (24' early2008).

It has Processor 3.06 GHz intel core 2 duo.

Memory : 4GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Graphics : NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS 512 MB

Running El Capitan 10.11.6

Logic Pro 9.1.8 (1700.67) 32-bit

What I'd like to know is after logic crashed today after using it are they compatible

Any help would be great! thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), LaCie drive

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2017 12:46 PM

El Capitan is a 64-bit only OS. The version of Logic Pro you have is 32-bit. I doubt it will run reliably. However, you will need to find out what the system requirements are for that version (I don't know.) The current version is 10.3. I suggest you upgrade your version. Also, see App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2017 12:46 PM in response to denise CLARK

El Capitan is a 64-bit only OS. The version of Logic Pro you have is 32-bit. I doubt it will run reliably. However, you will need to find out what the system requirements are for that version (I don't know.) The current version is 10.3. I suggest you upgrade your version. Also, see App Compatibility Table - RoaringApps.

Jan 25, 2017 5:38 AM in response to denise CLARK

The bridge mode is a helper app (located in /Applications/Logic Pro.app/Contents/Frameworks/MAAudioUnitSupport.framework/Versions/A/32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge.app) that will automatically launch if you activate a 32-bit AU plugin when Logic 9 runs in the 64-bit mode.

I'm seeing it often while mastering, because the old TT Dynamic Range Meter is 32-bit only.

Occasionally the 32-Bit Audio Unit Bridge.app may crash (and relaunch) but the rest of Logic usually remains unaffected. At least I haven't noticed any serious issues whatsover, but TT DRM is also the only 32-bit plugin I'm using regularly. Nonetheless it is always a Good Idea™ to relaunch Logic too, if the helper app crashes.

El Capitan 10.11.6 and Logic pro 9.1.8 are they compatable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.