Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stain/discoloration on the back of iPhone 7 plus

I bought this iPhone a month ago and I immediately put it in a case. I took the phone out yesterday and I noticed the back is stained around the camera and above the Apple logo. The color looks brighter on those areas and it's really bugging me. I tried cleaning it with a cloth and water but that didn't do anything. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

User uploaded file

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 10:03 PM

Hi

Apple's instructions for cleaning your iPhone are available here:

If you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your iPhone checked under warranty:

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2017 10:03 PM in response to alicexsnk

Hi

Apple's instructions for cleaning your iPhone are available here:

If you are concerned about a potential manufacturing defect, I suggest that you contact Apple Support (mail-in service may be available), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider with a view to having your iPhone checked under warranty:

Aug 23, 2017 5:58 PM in response to pimsterrrr

I have a rose gold and its happening to me to. I contacted Apple Support online, they are wanting photos to see if it is going to be covered through apple Warranty. I bought my phone in February, they first said it was due to normal wear but its absurd, how is it normal wear if I have not had the phone for even a year yet? Can you please tell me how you resolved your issue if you ever did?

Stain/discoloration on the back of iPhone 7 plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.