Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OS Sierra doesn't recognize my camera...

Hi!

Bridge CC Photo Downloader doesn't recognize my camera on Mac OS Sierra.

My camera is a Canon EOS 20D, and I connect it via USB.

Is it possible to fix this?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 10:52 AM

Solved:

Older camera models dating from before 2005 used a different method of communicating with a computer. Currently most cameras use a mode called picture transfer protocol (PTP). When using PTP, a separate driver is not required to download images to your computer. When you connect the camera to a computer system and power it on in the playback mode, the system will automatically install a built-in driver. You may then download images using the built in imaging software supplied with the operating system.

In order to change the communication mode of your camera so that your newer operating system can detect the unit, please follow the steps below on your camera:

1. Press "MENU"

2. Navigate to the last set up menu (yellow section with the tools symbol)

3. Select the "COMMUNICATION" option and then press "SET"

4. Choose "PTP" and then press "SET"

5. Connect the camera to your computer

Thanks.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2017 10:52 AM in response to Krissserz

Solved:

Older camera models dating from before 2005 used a different method of communicating with a computer. Currently most cameras use a mode called picture transfer protocol (PTP). When using PTP, a separate driver is not required to download images to your computer. When you connect the camera to a computer system and power it on in the playback mode, the system will automatically install a built-in driver. You may then download images using the built in imaging software supplied with the operating system.

In order to change the communication mode of your camera so that your newer operating system can detect the unit, please follow the steps below on your camera:

1. Press "MENU"

2. Navigate to the last set up menu (yellow section with the tools symbol)

3. Select the "COMMUNICATION" option and then press "SET"

4. Choose "PTP" and then press "SET"

5. Connect the camera to your computer

Thanks.

Jan 27, 2017 8:31 AM in response to Krissserz

Have you tried seeing if your camera appears under the Devices section (left side) of Image Capture (in Applications). If it does then it might not be a Sierra/Apple issue but might be down to the application Bridge CC Photo Downloader - have you checked on the Adobe web site to see if an update is available, it might require an update to fully function under Sierra.

Jan 27, 2017 2:08 PM in response to Krissserz

I've never communicated there but will try. I installed Sierra this week. After reading your post that Sierra doesn't recognize camera, I plugged in my camera to download with no success. Using your guide, I entered the tools menu on my camera but no "communication" option exists. My Canon PowerShot SD890 does not appear in "Applications." I will check Adobe web site.

Mac OS Sierra doesn't recognize my camera...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.