Related Article: About Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and cellular on your Apple Watch

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the "i" icon on Apple watch?

When pairing whet can I find the I icon on my watch (series 1)?

Watch-OTHER

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 5:28 PM

Hi

In order to see the "i" icon on your watch when pairing your devices manually, follow these steps:

• Wear Apple Watch on your wrist and choose a language (see footnote).
  • Separately on each device, tap on Start Pairing (on your iPhone, do this within the Watch app).
  • Tap Pair Apple Watch Manually on your iPhone.
  • Tap the info icon "i" on your Apple Watch (it will be shown now). Your device's name should be displayed on the watch face.
  • On your iPhone, tap the device name matching that shown on your Apple Watch face.
  • A six-digit code will be displayed on your Apple Watch. Enter that code on your iPhone to pair the two devices.
  • Then follow the remaining steps as prompted to Set Up.

Footnote:

If, before starting this process, you first need to reset your watch:

• Go to the Home screen on your watch (a single press on the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
  • You may then be able to pair your watch via the standard process, using the camera:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2017 5:28 PM in response to Keriinaustin

Hi

In order to see the "i" icon on your watch when pairing your devices manually, follow these steps:

• Wear Apple Watch on your wrist and choose a language (see footnote).
  • Separately on each device, tap on Start Pairing (on your iPhone, do this within the Watch app).
  • Tap Pair Apple Watch Manually on your iPhone.
  • Tap the info icon "i" on your Apple Watch (it will be shown now). Your device's name should be displayed on the watch face.
  • On your iPhone, tap the device name matching that shown on your Apple Watch face.
  • A six-digit code will be displayed on your Apple Watch. Enter that code on your iPhone to pair the two devices.
  • Then follow the remaining steps as prompted to Set Up.

Footnote:

If, before starting this process, you first need to reset your watch:

• Go to the Home screen on your watch (a single press on the Digital Crown) > Settings (cog icon) > General > Reset > Erase all Content and Settings.
  • You may then be able to pair your watch via the standard process, using the camera:

Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Where is the "i" icon on Apple watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.