Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sign into icloud on iphone 6

I had iOS 10.1 I believe on my phone and one day I turned it off and when I turned it back on, all my contacts were deleted off my phone and all my messages were just phone numbers. My phone also wasn't updating to iOS 10.2.1 until finally I synced it up to iTunes on my computer and I was hoping the update would solve the problem but it didn't. My contacts are backed up in my iCloud (I checked on the computer), so now the trouble is I can't log into iCloud on my phone in the settings. I'll type in the correct email and password and press Sign In and it'll say Verifying for a few seconds before it just disappears and returns to the regular screen with all my sign in information still typed in. So I would like to know how to fix it and be able to sign into iCloud on my iPhone 6 so I can have my contacts again.

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 23, 2017 7:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2017 2:25 PM

I'm having similar issues in that I can't sign into iCloud in settings on my phone, my photos are constantly disappearing and reappearing and I cannot back up to iCloud (when I was signed in). The inability to sign into iCloud is new this morning, the other issues have been going on since my husband got a new phone and did his own iCloud backup for the first time ever.

We sorted out that it may have been some apps on his phone under my Apple ID so deleted and did fresh downloads which seemed to sort the issue. However after a week of stability my photos have disappeared again and redone load from the cloud every few minutes. No idea how that can even happen when I'm not signed into iCloud but anyway!

Also the iMac has upgraded to macossierra and is trying to do a fresh install or full restore , I think, though not too sure as it's all in Romanian! I'm ready to throw them all out the window but all of my photos are there :(

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2017 2:25 PM in response to GrizzlyPop

I'm having similar issues in that I can't sign into iCloud in settings on my phone, my photos are constantly disappearing and reappearing and I cannot back up to iCloud (when I was signed in). The inability to sign into iCloud is new this morning, the other issues have been going on since my husband got a new phone and did his own iCloud backup for the first time ever.

We sorted out that it may have been some apps on his phone under my Apple ID so deleted and did fresh downloads which seemed to sort the issue. However after a week of stability my photos have disappeared again and redone load from the cloud every few minutes. No idea how that can even happen when I'm not signed into iCloud but anyway!

Also the iMac has upgraded to macossierra and is trying to do a fresh install or full restore , I think, though not too sure as it's all in Romanian! I'm ready to throw them all out the window but all of my photos are there :(

can't sign into icloud on iphone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.