Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my old pictures back?

In october 2016 I bought my new iPhone 7. When I started it and sat i up, i could choose to get my old pictures from my iPhone 5s on my new phone. I wanted to have a clean and new phone so I selected to not copy the pictures, but now i regret. I've tried to restart my iPhone 7 several times and delete everything I have on this phone, but now when i Get to chose to copy my pictures, i only get the pictures i've taken with my iPhone 7. My old iPhone 5s is totally broken so i vant use it either to Get my pictures back. So what can i do to Get my pictures from my old phone iPhone 5s over to my new phone iPhone 7?

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 6:46 AM

11 replies

Jan 25, 2017 3:20 AM in response to Sonjaibraa

Import to your Mac

You can use the Photos app to import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac without using iCloud Photo Library. These steps also work for importing images from digital cameras and SD cards.

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or digital camera to your Mac with a USB cable. If you're using an SD card, insert it into the SD slot on your Mac, or connect it using a card reader.
  2. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust to continue.
  3. On your Mac, the Photos app automatically opens. If it doesn't, open the Photos app.
  4. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn't automatically appear, click the Import tab at the top of the Photos app, or click the device's name in the Photos sidebar.
  5. To import a selection of photos, click the ones you want, then click Import Selected. To import all new photos, click Import All New Photos.
    User uploaded file
  6. When the import is complete, a message box asks if you want to delete or keep the photos on your device. Click Delete Items to remove the photos, or click Keep Items to keep them on the device.
    If you select Keep Items, you'll have to delete them directly from your device when you want to remove them.
  7. You can now disconnect your device from your Mac. If you imported photos from an SD card or other USB device, safely eject the device first.

Imported photos appear in the Photos app's Last Import album.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can't import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

User uploaded file

Import to your PC

You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photo Gallery:

1. Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
  2. You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
  3. You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.

Then, follow the steps in these Microsoft knowledge base articles to learn how to import photos to Windows Photo Gallery:

When you import videos from your iOS device to your PC, some might be rotated incorrectly in Windows Photo Gallery. You can add these videos to iTunes to play them in the correct orientation.

Photos and videos that you sync from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes can't be imported back to your computer.

Learn what to do if you can‘t import photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer.

User uploaded file

Get photos from your computer to your iOS device

You can choose among several options for transferring photos and videos from your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

• Use iCloud Photo Library with Photos for macOS or iCloud for Windows to keep your photos safely stored and up-to-date on all your devices.
  • Use AirDrop to wirelessly send photos and videos from your Mac to your iOS device. This is a quick and easy Mac-only option for sending a few items. When you send photos and videos to an iOS device via AirDrop, they appear in the device's Photos app.
  • Sync your photos manually with iTunes. Each time that you sync your iOS device with iTunes, the photos and videos on your iOS device will update to match the albums on your computer.

User uploaded file

Jan 27, 2017 1:02 AM in response to Sonjaibraa

If you don't have access to your iPhone 5s the only way you can get them back is with a backup from iCloud or iTunes:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

If you don't have a backup you would need to look in to data recovery services. They might be able to recover them if they're still on the hard drive for the phone. I have to warn you though, data recovery can be expensive depending on how much data you're looking to retrieve and It's not a guarantee they will be able to recover everything. But a data recovery service would be the best choice. They are the professionals. I recommend drive savers: http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/.

Apple is not responsible for your data and won't be able to help you recover them if you don't have a backup.

http://www.apple.com/legal/warranty/

Jan 27, 2017 12:55 AM in response to Sonjaibraa

If you do not have a backup of the iPhone 5 on a computer or within iCloud you are out of luck, sorry.

A backup can be read via third party tools, provided you have abackup you may be able to recover items without restoring.

Otherwise take your phone to Apple & ask if they can repair & recover the data. If the Apple store cannot do that look for a third party repair company.

There is almost certainly a company somewhere that can fix the device (depending on how badly it is damaged). Youtube has many examples of companies that troubleshoot components, logic boards & fix water damage etc. If you are willing to pay it may be salvageable.

Ask at an Apple store first as they will probably tell you 'no, can't be done', some smart people manage to fix them everyday…

http://www.mendonipadrehab.com/

How do I get my old pictures back?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.