Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Concerns with Otterbox Charging Flap/Protector?

Just got the Commuter for my 7+. I've had this case before on previous phones, but never did think about this..basically, there has to be SOME pressure put on the charger (and therefore the charging port) from the charging "flap" resting on the charger. It doesn't seem significant to me, but has anyone noticed any wear on either your cable or port after extended period of use?

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 8:24 AM

I don't have one on my 7 Plus (I went with the Otterbox Strada series) but in the past I didn't notice any wear and tear. But if you're concerned you can always remove the piece. That might affect the warranty but I'm not sure about that...I've only had to do a warranty request once with Otterbox and that was on the outer shell of the Defender case...I think I had removed the charging port flap on it out of annoyance but they replaced it with no questions asked.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2017 8:24 AM in response to kx678

I don't have one on my 7 Plus (I went with the Otterbox Strada series) but in the past I didn't notice any wear and tear. But if you're concerned you can always remove the piece. That might affect the warranty but I'm not sure about that...I've only had to do a warranty request once with Otterbox and that was on the outer shell of the Defender case...I think I had removed the charging port flap on it out of annoyance but they replaced it with no questions asked.

Jan 24, 2017 8:27 AM in response to Saifan Pilot

thank you for your response. i understand that it's rubber, and perhaps you thought i meant "will the flap itself damage anything", but i was specifically referring to when you're charging it. i've heard of some issues. i'll most likely cut it off, but then i'm losing whatever protection from dirt/dust that the flap offers. eh, idk. thanks!

Concerns with Otterbox Charging Flap/Protector?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.