Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email Signature overlaps Email on iPhone 6S.

When upgrading to a 6S, my Email signature now overlaps my Emails. I have wiped the device, turned mail off/on, deleted the mail account and added it back, added a different Email account and the overlapping still occured, I copy and pasted the signature from my sent mail, wrote the signature in manually, copied the signature then pasted in Notes and copied and pasted back into signature and it still occurred. Not sure what else to do. Any help would be appreciated! Device is currently at 10.2.

iPhone 6s, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 9:18 AM

10 replies

Jan 24, 2017 10:01 AM in response to Kwilco

The cause of your text overlapping might be due to several settings in your iPhone. You may have changed this at some point without releasing or it may have been like that when you received the device.

There are several settings that you will need to look for and potentially change in order to resolve the issue.

1. Settings → Display & Brightness → Text Size → Move slider to center
  2. Settings → Display & Brightness → View → Change it back to Standard
  3. Settings → General → Accessibility → Larger Text → Larger Accessibility Sizes = OFF

Jan 24, 2017 10:06 AM in response to Kwilco

I just tried some random forwards and replies and I don't seem to get that overlap. I even tried replying/forwarding a google notification email like the one in your screenshot.

Cheesy idea: did you try some hard carriage returns after the signature line to see if that helps?

Signatures can be tricky to get the formatting, font, size, etc. right. I was about to launch into a few tips but remembered that you also created some plain text ones (like in your screenshot), so I am baffled.

Last ditch thought: in Settings, Mail, is your "Increase Quote Level" (you have to scroll down a bit) set to ON? This is in the Composing section right above your signature. If not, try turning it on and see if it helps. If it's already on, there goes that idea hehe. Good luck.

Email Signature overlaps Email on iPhone 6S.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.