Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes - resume downloading of ios update

I am having slow internet connection and it usually gets disconnected after about 2-3 hours or while downloading large size files. I want to update to ios 10 in itunes for my iphone. While downloading the ios update halfway through, the internet connection stops and itunes application throws up message that there is no active internet connection and closes the window. Once again, I need to restart the download process. Is there a way to resume the downloading of the ios file which is about 2 GB? Otherwise i may never be able to download in my internet connection. Please provide if there are any other alternatives.
Thanks.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3.5

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 10:09 AM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2017 11:22 AM in response to AJKVV

There should be a status box in the upper right corner of iTunes:

User uploaded file

And when opened, you should see the progress icon:

User uploaded file

If for some reason the download stops, you should be able to restart it by clicking the icon next to the progress icon.

Personally, I do my device updates OTA using wifi or cellular data. This precludes an app/computer issue.

itunes - resume downloading of ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.