Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s loud static noise during video playback

Whenever I go to watch a video or snapchat that I have recorded there is a very loud static noise throughout the entire video. I had this problem when I originally got my iPhone but it just went away after awhile. Now it is back and I'm not sure how to remedy the situation. Please help if you can ! 🙂

Posted on Jan 24, 2017 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 11:07 AM

Hi yvngrxn,

Sounds like when you play videos you recorded on your iPhone, you hear loud static noises. The following article may be helpful in resolving this issue.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Try the steps in the above article, testing with a newly recorded video. Reach back out if you continue to have issues.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a fantastic day!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2017 11:07 AM in response to yvngrxn

Hi yvngrxn,

Sounds like when you play videos you recorded on your iPhone, you hear loud static noises. The following article may be helpful in resolving this issue.

Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Try the steps in the above article, testing with a newly recorded video. Reach back out if you continue to have issues.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a fantastic day!

Oct 25, 2017 2:28 PM in response to yvngrxn

Hey, did you resolve your issue and how? I am having a same problems with my 6s plus, especially after the latest update 11.0.3, every sound in video and live photo is with static sound. I tried everything from the list and also this problem only occurs when I use the camera, it’s working on speakerphone call, on everything else but not on the videos and photos.

Jan 25, 2017 10:24 PM in response to Teddy_B

Hey jameson.h,

Thanks for replying ! I tried the steps you suggested but alas they did not resolve the issue. I'm sure it has to be the microphone because when I record video while my headphones (with microphone) plugged in the static noise is not present during playback. As I stated earlier this problem went away by itself before so I'm a little baffled by its reemergence now.

iPhone 6s loud static noise during video playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.