Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to track treadmill steps/distance in Health App

Due to weather conditions (lots of snow on the ground) I am starting to use a treadmill for walking. The treadmill (Nordictrack ProForm Pro 2000) will track my distance, calories burned, etc. but the company does not allow their software to sync to Apple Healthkit. I have an Apple Watch (first gen) but I don't swing my arms on the treadmill like I would when walking regularly so even though I start a workout on my watch I am not getting anywhere close to accurate information. I've tried indoor walk, indoor run, indoor cycle but the distance is way off.

I am looking for any solution to help get accurate distance and steps (calories would be nice too) while using my treadmill. I am open to purchasing an additional device if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Apple Watch, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2017 9:57 AM

I tried attaching the Apple Watch to my calf using an ace bandage and was able to get pretty accurate distance and steps! The only thing I didn't get was my heart rate during the workout. I'll keep playing with it but the Watch can do it!

4 replies

Jan 25, 2017 8:43 AM in response to Etsarse

Hi

To record accurate distance, steps and calories on your Apple Watch during treadmill workouts, it is necessary to swing the arm on which you are wearing your watch.

For indoor walk workouts, the watch relies on your arm motion, measured by the built-in accelerometer, when estimating these results.

More information:

Work out with your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

How to track treadmill steps/distance in Health App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.