Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Utility not supported with MacOS Sierra V10.1.23

After I upgraded to Mac OS Sierra, my AirPort Utility is no longer working. I uninstalled and tried to re-install and get the following message:

"AirPort Utility can't be installed on this disk. The version of Mac OS X on this volume is not supported."

Please help me resolve this issue and I'll be honest, I do not know technical terms very well but appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks.

Mac mini (Late 2012), macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2017 6:09 PM

AirPort Utility is already installed on your Mac running OS X Sierra (10.12.3).

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort Utility menu in the upper left corner of the screen, then click on About AirPort Utility to confirm that you have AirPort Utility Version 6.3.7.......which is the most up to date version of the application.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2017 6:09 PM in response to luvrotties

AirPort Utility is already installed on your Mac running OS X Sierra (10.12.3).

Open Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on the AirPort Utility menu in the upper left corner of the screen, then click on About AirPort Utility to confirm that you have AirPort Utility Version 6.3.7.......which is the most up to date version of the application.

Aug 4, 2017 5:23 PM in response to luvrotties

Please review the answer above....which is marked Solved....to confirm that AirPort Utility 6.3.7 is already installed on your Mac running Sierra....since it is part of the Sierra operating system.

Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

AirPort Utility 6.3.1 would only be used if your Mac was running the Lion operating system.....now about 5 years out of date.

AirPort Utility not supported with MacOS Sierra V10.1.23

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.