Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to itunes store. getting this message everytime i attempt to log in to itunes account. i am from UK but currently in brazil. need access to account to be able to download apps

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 26, 2017 11:26 AM

6 replies

Jan 26, 2017 11:37 AM in response to JackHazard

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE - "Our Services are available for your use in your country of residence (“Home Country”)."... " Any other use of the Services and Content is a material breach of this Agreement. Apple may monitor your use of the Services and Content to ensure that you are following these Usage Rules."

The old wording was clearer: "The iTunes Service is available to you only in the United States, its territories, and possessions. You agree not to use or attempt to use the iTunes Service from outside these locations. Apple may use technologies to verify your compliance." - http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/us/terms.html#SERVICE

I wonder if "technologies" means they are picking up on you being in Brazil and blocking access.

Jan 26, 2017 11:45 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Be aware, if you do this, all content downloaded from the UK store will be deleted.

I don't think that is exactly the case...

Change your iTunes Store country or region - https://support.apple.com/HT201389 - "After you change the country of your account, you won't see the items you purchased from the previous country’s store in the Purchased section."

You won't be able to re-download items from the old store. It's not as though items you have purchased and kept on devices (including a computer) will suddenly vanish from those devices.

Jan 26, 2017 11:50 AM in response to JackHazard

I'm guessing it would then expect a Brazilian payment method and Brazilian billing address?

Correct. Changing countries isn't really a solution for travelers or temporary residents. Frankly just the way you to have to make do without there being a Tesco or Sainbury's down the street for a while, so you also have to make do without there being an iTunes store you can use while you are abroad. As the links I posted indicate, you are not supposed to even try to use the UK iTunes store while you are not physically present in the UK.

Yes a lot of people complain about this but it isn't Apple deciding to be mean to you, it is because of restrictions in media and software licenses.

cannot connect to itunes store. getting this message everytime i attempt to log in to itunes account. i am from UK but currently in brazil. need access to account to be able to download apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.