Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube not working on iPad mini?

So recently YouTube has been playing up on my iPad mini. If I launch the proper app, it launches fine but when I try to watch a video it just says "something went wrong, tap to retry" so I tap and it reloads, but that message comes up again. This happens in an endless loop.

when I host it on safari, it launches fine as well but the videos just freeze at the start and won't let me play them. It won't even let me press the. Play button, it just changes back again.

YouTube works perfectly on my iphone 4S (I know it's rubbish) but not on iPad mini?

Any help is welcomed. Thanks!

iPad Mini, iOS 10.1, YouTube not working.

Posted on Jan 26, 2017 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2017 9:51 PM

I had this same problem. The solution that worked for me was going into my general settings and going to date and time and making sure my clock was set automatically. It was turned off for some reason but turning it back on allowed my YouTube videos play again

4 replies

YouTube not working on iPad mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.