Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad fell in water, help??

I dropped my iPad Air into the bath which also had a 'bath fizzer' in it from The Body Shop. I had a quick reaction and took it out of the water like lightning, but there is still water in the screen. The iPad still responded to my touch pretty normally, but I powered it off just to be sure. I spent about a minute searching for rice and I found some and poured it over the *off* iPad. The shockproof case was still on when it fell so I took that off before towel drying it and patting it over a bath mat to shake out water. I did this before putting the iPad in the rice. I'm going to leave the iPad in the rice till morning, but I'm wondering if you have any other tips? P.s I replace the screen just over a year ago, and the home button lodged itself into a place where I couldnt press it (I now use accessible touch).

Is my iPad dead for good or is there anything else I can do? Quickish responses are ideal. Thanks. Oh also this happened about 5-10 mins ago, it's 21:09.

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 2:20 PM

Hi

You have about a 20% chance of it still working but if its

Still working now just use it.

Any problems make an appointment at apple store.

Let me know what happens .

But don't take iPhone / iPad in bathroom

Even steam/ dampness as can cause damage .

Cheers

Brian

8 replies

Jan 29, 2017 5:11 PM in response to eyesofaneagle

You can't ever be sure about water damage for an electronic device.

If you're looking for someone here to give you assurance you're going to be fine, that can't happen.

How deep the iPad fell in the water, what type of water your city has, what type of rice did you use, did it fall on an edge or flat... these are all factors that go into the answer to your question. Rice is mostly ineffective as it leaves its own gunk and if dusty, causes its own damage.

It will fail. Period. Tonight, next week... in a month. Those are the only unknowns.

It will last as long as it lasts I'm afraid. iPads are not known to be overly repairable, so an out of warranty replacement is likely your best bet. You could get lucky too.

In Canada, you're looking at about $319 plus taxes.

iPad Service Pricing - Apple Support

User uploaded file

ipad fell in water, help??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.