Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error 4BAT/6/40000005:0x898f5790

Good afternoon my macbook 13 "marks me the error code 4BAT / 6/40000005: 0x8984e790 which searching in the knowledge base does not exist, you could support me in that?

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.2

Posted on Jan 27, 2017 3:01 PM

1 reply

Jan 27, 2017 3:15 PM in response to mikeaguilare09

It refers to a battery error, but we haven't access to the translator. I suggest you make an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar for service. If needed find an Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple. Did find this:

I understand that your Macbook Air is displaying a specific error message, the internal fan doesn't seem to be coming on, and there is some excess heat present. I'd like to provide some assistance with your issue.

Before you begin, please make sure that you have a Time Machine backup of your data. You can find more information about creating a Time Machine backup here:

Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support

As a first step, I'd recommend that you reset your Mac's System Management Controller (SMC). This website goes over how to complete that process:

Reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

After you've reset the SMC, try booting up your Mac as normal to see if this has resolved the issue. If you notice that the issue persists, try using the Apple Diagnostics tool to check your computer's hardware:

Using Apple Diagnostics - Apple Support

Please keep in mind that if your Mac was introduced before June 2013, you will use Apple Hardware Test rather than Apple Diagnostics. See this website for instructions:

Intel-based Macs: Using Apple Hardware Test

If the diagnostic test reports any hardware issues, I'd recommend reaching out to Apple Support to go over your service options:

Contact Apple Support

error 4BAT/6/40000005:0x898f5790

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.