Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the Apple Wallet app?

WHich one is the actual Apple App called "Wallet"? when I go to the app store, several apps pop up,but I dont know which is the Apple Wallet app. Is it free?

iPad, iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 8:34 PM

The Wallet App is not available for iPads. Only iPhones.

Newer iPads, can have Wallet & Apple Pay in Settings to use Apple Pay within Apps and websites, but this is not supported on an iPad 3 either.

6 replies

Jan 28, 2017 8:23 PM in response to Sfrichter

It should already be on your iPhone or iPad. It is a pre-installed app and not one of the ones that can be deleted. If you don't see it, it may be in a folder or another home screen. You can search for it on your device by sliding down with one finger starting from above the top of the home screen and then use the search window.

Jan 28, 2017 3:27 PM in response to Sfrichter

As FoxFifth stated, the Wallet app cannot be deleted so it won't show up as an option to re-download in the App Store.

Try one of these solutions to get it back:

Home Screen: Missing App Store, FaceTime, iTunes or Other Icon.

(Note that I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link, because some pages on the site contain small banner ads).

Sep 24, 2017 11:55 AM in response to FoxFifth

I believe that FoxFifth and stevejobsfan0123 answers are INCORRECT and misleading.

Based on substantial research, here's what I've found:

Whereas certain Apple Wallet functionality is accessible from the iPad Settings app for purposes of supporting Apple Pay (you access Apple Pay from within iPad apps -- note from a "Wallet" app), the "Wallet" app in which Apple allows you to store and retrieve tickets, coupons, airline boarding passes and other valuable reference items is provided only on iPhones.

This Apple customer finds the "Wallet" app omission from iPads unfortunate, as the ability to retrieve passes, etc. from the iPad home screen would be extremely-helpful.

Where is the Apple Wallet app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.