Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos out of order

I recently upgraded to 10.12.2. All my photos are now our of order. I can see that is the setting but it is grayed out. I looked in the preferences to see if this could be changed. I have 15,000 pictures and in iphoto you could look at way more pictures and they were in order so I could find them easily even if it took a few minutes. User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, 10.12.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 8:51 PM

Photos (moments/collections/years) is always sorted by photo date with the newest at the bottom

All Photos is always sorted by date added to Photos (import date) with the newest at the bottom

User albums can be sorted by date ascending or descending or by title - You can make a User All Photo Albums with these sort options by making a smart album (file menu ==> new smart album) for something every photos matches like date is after 1/1/1000

LN

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2017 8:51 PM in response to Funnycarguy

Photos (moments/collections/years) is always sorted by photo date with the newest at the bottom

All Photos is always sorted by date added to Photos (import date) with the newest at the bottom

User albums can be sorted by date ascending or descending or by title - You can make a User All Photo Albums with these sort options by making a smart album (file menu ==> new smart album) for something every photos matches like date is after 1/1/1000

LN

Photos out of order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.