Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not supported for bluetooth connection

Hi Everyone,

I have a new MacBook Pro and I wanted to start using handoff with my iPhone 7 Plus running iOS10. Every time I try to pair them using Bluetooth, the MacBook can recognise the phone but the phone says that the MacBook is "not supported". Does anyone else have this problem and/ or know what the solution is? Presumably it's an issue with iOS 10...?

Thanks.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2017 10:42 AM

Open System Preferences > General.

At the bottom of that pane select: Allow Handoff between tis Mac and iCloud devices

2 replies

Jan 28, 2017 10:57 AM in response to Scorpius77

An iPhone will not pair via Bluetooth to a computer (Mac or Windows) except for personal hotspot and then only if your cellular plan supports it. See the following for more information. Bluetooth: Why can't I pair my iPhone or iPad with another iOS device or with my computer?

If you are attempting to use Handoff/Continuity or AirDrop, that does involve Bluetooth but the devices are NOT paired; Bluetooth just needs to be on and the devices in range of each other. The following may help with Handoff/Continuity issues: Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

MacBook Pro not supported for bluetooth connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.