Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External monitor and Intel HD Graphic 4000 under Windows 10

I'm trying to use an external monitor connected via thunderbolt to my macbook pro 13. I'm running Windows 10 under Bootcamp. My Macbookpro is a 13 half 2012. The problem is the external monitor remains black, it doesn't receive any signal Uninstalling the Intel driver the external monitor works fine. So I assuming the problem is in the driver itself.

Is the external monitor problem I'm experiencing a known issue? Is it a driver problem or are there some settings in Windows I don't understand? How can this problem be resolved?

I've also noticed under devices setup there is a exclamation mark near High Definition Audio controller, and in fact I get no audio.

Doesn't the Bootcamp Support Software install audio drivers?

Mabook Pro 13" half 2012

Windows 10 Professional

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.2.1, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 9:55 AM

Finally I can see through my monitor! 🙂

I've installed W10 using a DVD and everything went fine, installed bootcamp 6 driver, and updated via Windows Updater.

Audio is also working.

At present I have not noticed other problems.

Thanks Loner

27 replies

Jan 30, 2017 6:06 AM in response to Loner T

Opening control->panel display I see a blue monitor with a big "1" inside it.

If I click on detect it adds another smaller grey monitor with the label "not identified monitor" inside it.

If I select the small monitor "it becomes blue" and choose Identify I get a big 1 on the lower left corner of the macbook integrated monitor.

The label "not identified monitor" remains. Nothing else.

Sorry if those are not the exact Windows terms but I'm using the italian version...

P.S. If I choose "project on another monitor" in system settings I can choose between the various options (duplicate, extend, only external monitor) but I get nothing on the external monitor in any case.

Jan 31, 2017 2:38 PM in response to Loner T

Ok, I've removed the partition using BCA

I've done the SMC Reset (without removing battery procedure)

I've done the NVRAM reset.

Created a new partition using BCA.

Booted through "Windows" instead of "EFI Boot"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2kafdnc0ycyrkf/20170131_233111.jpg?dl=0

This is what I get

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7n4i5li2a0hwr6q/20170131_233236.jpg?dl=0

The USB is a Kingston Datatraveler G4 16GB, it was created using BCA.

Jan 31, 2017 2:52 PM in response to bredniolo

A 2012 Mac will not support a USB3 Flash drive as a BIOS installer, because there are no USB3 drivers yet. Do you have a USB2 flash drive which is 8+ GB?

To check if your USB is USB2 or USB3, from the OS X side, look at the System Report -> USB with the USB connected. If the USB disk appears in High-Speed section and has 480Mbps as speed, it is USB2, if it shows Superspeed and has a speed of 5Gbps, it is a USB3.

External monitor and Intel HD Graphic 4000 under Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.