Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sort music playlist alphabetically

iPhone 7plus

Version 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 2:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 5:25 PM

When I add a song to my playlist I go into that playlist and all new downloads go directly to the bottom of my music and I want it to automatically sort it alphabetically . So I'm trying to sort my music in the individual playlists. I know you can manually move them but it gets annoying having to move every song I download. It used to automatically sort the music in playlists alphabetically...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2017 5:25 PM in response to Ulexes138

When I add a song to my playlist I go into that playlist and all new downloads go directly to the bottom of my music and I want it to automatically sort it alphabetically . So I'm trying to sort my music in the individual playlists. I know you can manually move them but it gets annoying having to move every song I download. It used to automatically sort the music in playlists alphabetically...

Jan 29, 2017 2:38 PM in response to Farmerjoe96

Hello Farmerjoe96,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Community. I understand you are trying to view your playlists alphabetically and I have some info that may help.

When you open the Music app and select the Playlist option, at the upper right corner is a “Sort” button. Tap that and it will give you the option to sort by Playlist Type, Title, or by Recently Added.

iPhone User Guide - Library

Likewise, if you select your Songs list, you can tap the “Sort” button and sort by Title or by Artist.

If you run into any trouble, please feel free to reach out again.
Best Regards.

how to sort music playlist alphabetically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.