Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone screen goes black when camera is covered

I have an iPhone 6S+ updated to iOS 10.2.1 and for the past couple of days I noticed that whenever the camera above the screen gets covered, the screen goes black and once it's not, the screen goes back to whatever it was on. This never happened before so I tried looking through the settings to see if it was an option to turn on or off but I couldn't find anything. Can anyone tell me what this is?

User uploaded file

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 9:36 AM

Hi raneaosama!

I understand your iPhone's screen is going black when the top of the display is covered, and I'm happy to help. It sounds like there could be something happening with the proximity sensor on the iPhone. To help isolate this issue further, please start by restarting the iPhone and testing this issue.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, I would advise to back up your iPhone, then reinstall iOS using the second link below under the heading "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again".

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2017 9:36 AM in response to raneaosama

Hi raneaosama!

I understand your iPhone's screen is going black when the top of the display is covered, and I'm happy to help. It sounds like there could be something happening with the proximity sensor on the iPhone. To help isolate this issue further, please start by restarting the iPhone and testing this issue.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, I would advise to back up your iPhone, then reinstall iOS using the second link below under the heading "Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again".

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you can‘t update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

iPhone screen goes black when camera is covered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.