Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro's display does fade-in effect twice when waking up from sleep.

I own a 13 inch MacBook Pro base model (non touch bar, 2.0ghz i5, 8gb ram, 256 gb hd). During the past several days, when waking up my display from sleep, the fade-in effect has occurred twice before my desktop appears. It does not occur all the time, only occasionally. I have not been able to intentionally replace the effect. It just happens sometimes, both when lifting the display lid up from being asleep on my backpack and also from normally waking up my display by pressing the spacebar after 15 mins had passed.

Anyone know why this might be or has experienced this on their MacBooks?

PS: This also occurred before the Sierra 10.12.3 update.

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2016, 2 TBT3), macOS Sierra (10.12.3), null

Posted on Jan 29, 2017 9:02 PM

5 replies

Jan 29, 2017 9:36 PM in response to Saifan Pilot

Hi,

I have auto adjust brightness checked on by default and I do not tape the camera. Also, I have discovered that when entering Time Machine, there are obvious vertical streaks on the left side of the finder window. This graphical glitch has been apparent ever since I bought my MacBook Pro.

Photo of Time Machine glitch here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sh2oosl7qw6pw8s/20170129_211632.jpg?dl=0

MacBook Pro's display does fade-in effect twice when waking up from sleep.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.