Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Satellite view as default in Maps

Apple, please change the settings in the Maps app to allow it to stay toggled to "Satellite" view, instead of "Map" view. As one of the other posters mentioned "I never want to use 'Map' view". Plus, I thought MapQuest went out of business a long time ago. Why are we still mimicking them in this day and age?

Please change the settings to allow for "Satellite" view to be the de facto, default as there is absolutely no way to do this now. Absent that, please tell us how to go about making this change, which seems impossible.

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 7:50 AM

Dude, you think I don't know how to find or change the settings? Thanks but read my OP again. If I close the app, it defaults to "Map" view, regardless of the last setting. I know that most apps are intuitive enough to remain in state, but for some reason my phone will just not do it no matter what I do. There are several other posts on the Apple discussions forum related to this, but nobody seems to have the answer. I tried a complete reinstall, and that did not work either. It is bizarre that this is happening, and I just loathe the "Map" setting . . .

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2017 7:50 AM in response to Suru patel

Dude, you think I don't know how to find or change the settings? Thanks but read my OP again. If I close the app, it defaults to "Map" view, regardless of the last setting. I know that most apps are intuitive enough to remain in state, but for some reason my phone will just not do it no matter what I do. There are several other posts on the Apple discussions forum related to this, but nobody seems to have the answer. I tried a complete reinstall, and that did not work either. It is bizarre that this is happening, and I just loathe the "Map" setting . . .

Feb 1, 2017 1:00 AM in response to RobTaylor

Dude if you see the top right once you open Apple Maps, you'll see an "i" in a circle. Tap on it and there me map settings sliding up from the bottom. The options available are Map, Transport, and Satellite. Tap on satellite and one you quit and get back you'll still be on satellite view mode, unless you want to change it back because now with most apps, the place where you last leave the app/quit is where you are back again once you open the app.

Set Satellite view as default in Maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.