Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viber only works with WIFI not over 3G/LTE network

Hello, I have an Iphone 7, and I install Viber to chat with some friends, I usually only use Whatsapp, but this looked ok. Now that I have it on my phone, I can only chat while I am connected to a Wifi connection. While I am out of WIFI, using my data plan, which is very big, it doesnt work. I am from Guatemala and my provider is TIGO.

Can someone help me and tell me what is wrong? I have deleted the app various times and reinstalled it, and is the same issue.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 1:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 8:45 AM

Hi pazls!

I see that your Viber app is not working while you're using cellular data, and I'm happy to help. First, please go to Settings > Cellular, then look for Viber in the list to make sure that cellular data is turned on for Viber. You can read this support article for more information:

About cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2017 8:45 AM in response to pazls

Hi pazls!

I see that your Viber app is not working while you're using cellular data, and I'm happy to help. First, please go to Settings > Cellular, then look for Viber in the list to make sure that cellular data is turned on for Viber. You can read this support article for more information:

About cellular data settings and usage on your iPhone and iPad

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers!

Viber only works with WIFI not over 3G/LTE network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.