Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently started to get the Apple TV keyboard prompt on my iPhone repeatedly throughout the day (50 times a day). It used to only happen when i was entering passwords, etc. but now all the time. Any ideas as to why?

I have several (six) Apple TVs in my house (4th generation) and i recently upgraded the software to the newest media OS (where TV replaces the video feature and supports single sign on). Shortly after that upgrade, I started getting the prompt to use Keyboard input (the prompt that usually comes when you have to sign on "Keyboard Input...Enter text on your Apple TV using your IOS keyboard...slide to type". This is a great feature and used to work fine. Now i get that message on my iPhone 6 plus at least 50 times a day when i'm not watching apple tv. It only happens when i'm on my home wireless network, but it also seems to be only on my phone, i haven't noticed it on any iPads but i don't really use them very often. Any suggestions on what may cause this or how i can fix it?

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 7:33 PM

24 replies

Aug 11, 2017 4:02 PM in response to vazandrew

Reinstall is always a last option and it is a cop out for "I don't know what is wrong, don't want to spend the energy and don't care"! 700 billion, perhaps some free customer support would be appreciated with some of that fortune.

Now, as for this problem, it only started after I logged into the stars app and was casting streaming video from my phone, or at least controlling it. I closed the app, restarted the iPhone. Still receiving notifications next going to restart the box and see. Will report back.

Sep 6, 2017 12:25 PM in response to TCBrown34

This is happening to me as well in the last couple months. I'll go through periods where it's continuously dinging me with the prompt notification, even though nobody is watching the Apple TV 4th gen at the time. I liked this feature when it's appropriate for it to show, and would prefer not to disable the notifications. But since the notifications are completely broken now in terms of annoyingly popping up, I guess I'll have to disable them.

Sep 14, 2017 9:10 PM in response to TCBrown34

I had the same problem as everyone else. Most of the answers said going into the iPhone and turning off notifications. My resolution is different and hopefully will help if someone doesn't want to turn off notifications. I went to my Apple TV > Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App > and removing all paired devices.

All false notifications have stopped. I rarely used the keyboard function on my Apple TV so I don't need to pair back. If I need it, I'll do it then.

Hope this helps anyone else with the problem.

I recently started to get the Apple TV keyboard prompt on my iPhone repeatedly throughout the day (50 times a day). It used to only happen when i was entering passwords, etc. but now all the time. Any ideas as to why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.