Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change Airdrop sharing settings on Mac

I'm having trouble with Airdrop. In the Finder menu, Airdrop is set to find No one. When I change the setting to Everyone, I still don't see any nearby devices. When I go back to Finder, Airdrop has been reset to No one. How do I get it to stay?

I'm using a MacBook Air with

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2017 8:23 PM

Send items

You can send items from the Finder, the desktop, or from within apps such as Safari or Maps. Use one of the following methods to send items using AirDrop:

• From the desktop or a Finder window: Control-click the item you want to send, choose Share > AirDrop from the shortcut menu, then select the device you want to send it to.
  • From the Finder: Click AirDrop in the Finder sidebar, then drag the item to the device you want to send it to.
  • From an app: Click the Share button in the app’s toolbar, choose AirDrop, then select the device you want to send it to.

If you don’t see the device you want to share an item with in the AirDrop window, click “Don’t see who you’re looking for?”

An article : macOS Sierra: Use AirDrop to send files to devices near you

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2017 8:23 PM in response to eclpm2

Send items

You can send items from the Finder, the desktop, or from within apps such as Safari or Maps. Use one of the following methods to send items using AirDrop:

• From the desktop or a Finder window: Control-click the item you want to send, choose Share > AirDrop from the shortcut menu, then select the device you want to send it to.
  • From the Finder: Click AirDrop in the Finder sidebar, then drag the item to the device you want to send it to.
  • From an app: Click the Share button in the app’s toolbar, choose AirDrop, then select the device you want to send it to.

If you don’t see the device you want to share an item with in the AirDrop window, click “Don’t see who you’re looking for?”

An article : macOS Sierra: Use AirDrop to send files to devices near you

Feb 4, 2017 2:30 AM in response to Sigitari

Open system preferences > security & privacy > firewall > click on firewall options .

Uncheck block all incoming connections and do exactly the settings as shown in the screen shot .

User uploaded file

Go to finder click on turn on wifi & Bluetooth then select everyone or contacts only & try to share file between IOS & Mac computer or vice versa , make sure the two devices must be near to each other and having fantastic network speed .

How to change Airdrop sharing settings on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.