You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Page to a Newsletter Template in Pages

I am using a Macbook Air 13 inch, Early-2015. My software version is macOS Sierra version 10.12.1.

I am using Pages 6.0.5.

I am writing a newsletter using the Classic Newsletter template. I have to make a 4-page newsletter, and the template is only 2 pages. How do I add a page in the newsletter template?

null-OTHER, iOS 10.2.1, Pages. Ver. 6.0.5

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 1:42 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 1:52 AM

If it is just another page, The Classic Newsletter is a regular Word Processing document, so inserting a Column Break, Page Break, Section Break or just more text will flow over to an additional page.

If you want to duplicate a particular page layout then:

Menu > View > Show Page Thumbnails > Select the thumbnail you want > command d (duplicate)

It will duplicate entire sections, so to get individual pages you will need to break up your document with Section Breaks in the text.

In Pages '09 this is handled with internal Master Pages called "Captured Pages" but since Pages 5 this is all MIA along with around 120 other very useful features.

Peter

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2017 1:52 AM in response to j5lee2024

If it is just another page, The Classic Newsletter is a regular Word Processing document, so inserting a Column Break, Page Break, Section Break or just more text will flow over to an additional page.

If you want to duplicate a particular page layout then:

Menu > View > Show Page Thumbnails > Select the thumbnail you want > command d (duplicate)

It will duplicate entire sections, so to get individual pages you will need to break up your document with Section Breaks in the text.

In Pages '09 this is handled with internal Master Pages called "Captured Pages" but since Pages 5 this is all MIA along with around 120 other very useful features.

Peter

Add Page to a Newsletter Template in Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.