You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Background App Refresh is grayed out

I cannot change the background app refresh settings on iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.2. The whole settings page is grayed out. Rebooting has not helped.

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 7:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 8:05 PM

Hello Richard Paul3,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Background App Refresh. I believe the reason you are experiencing it being grayed out is due to Restrictions. You can check this in Settings > General > Restrictions. This article will help: Use Restrictions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch .

Thanks again for visiting the Apple Support Communities. Have a great evening.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 1, 2017 8:05 PM in response to Richard Paul3

Hello Richard Paul3,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with Background App Refresh. I believe the reason you are experiencing it being grayed out is due to Restrictions. You can check this in Settings > General > Restrictions. This article will help: Use Restrictions on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch .

Thanks again for visiting the Apple Support Communities. Have a great evening.

Background App Refresh is grayed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.