Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail Sign in Screen in Mail App

Lately I have been receiving this screen when I open mail app in sierra

I sign and it works fine. gmail only

password sign in area has disappeared in mail preferences

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information>

macBook Pro 17" 2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 9:46 AM

9 replies

Feb 7, 2017 9:34 AM in response to untkay

Is this an , IMAP account & you have configured your web mail with apple mail app ( vulture logo ) .

User uploaded file

And , when you go to system preferences > internet accounts are these options checked .

User uploaded file

And what have you installed in your system , is there any anti - virus , third party apps ? please reply , I have never seen or heard this issue and its a strange activity .

if you are using the stuff , please uninstall them .

After installing them you can rebuild the mails : Mail for Mac: Rebuild mailboxes

Or a second method is there : Take back of all mails in V4folder : Method for how to copy in V4 folder .

Click on go on top menu bar , hold option key click on > library > select mail folder > right click on mail there itself > click on copy mail > right click on extreme right hand side in column B , that is below persistence info.plist > click on paste item .

Entire mails are copied to V4 folder .

Go to the corrupted IMAP account , select it & click on minus sign it is deleted .

Configure new IMAP account , go to top menu bar ,file > import mail boxes > import data from > select apple mail > click on continue > select the back drop folder then choose new .

When new IMAP account is opened , a new folder with all mails will appear in the mail side bar .You can rename the folder .

Feb 7, 2017 9:02 AM in response to tygb

Thanks for the help.

I am trying to access my gmail accounts through my Apple mail app in Sierra, not directly from Safari.

The window I show above is what happens when I open my Mail App. All of my passwords for gmail are in Keychain but these windows continue to pop up whenever I open my Mail App at the beginning of the day.

Gmail Sign in Screen in Mail App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.