Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Genius lists no working?

12.5.5 iTunes version I have and when I generate a list genius, I get the warning that I don't have enough suggestions of genius. I choose a song and I can not suggest. That I need? what I'm doing wrong? I'm looking for help but I can not solve it. Can you guide me? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 1:17 PM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2017 3:46 PM in response to Abderramán

Hi there,

You are not alone with this issue, I have written about this and got tons of feedback from others on other forums. The issue primarily impacts newer songs and Apple is aware of the issue. This was an email followup I received in late December after I called Apple to report on this in late November.

User uploaded file

You should still be able to create a Genius playlist for songs released up till around summer 2015. Songs released after that time are not likely to work (at the time I write this).

There is reason to be optimistic that the issue will be fixed, Genius has seen an increased presence in the last 2 iTunes updates and Apple has updated the support page for Genius in January.

My recommendation for now is to update Genius. In iTunes, from the 'File' menu select 'Library' and click 'Update Genius'. iTunes should also be automatically updating Genius once a week.

You can also send in your feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

I believe the more people that send in to Apple about this issue, the more they will prioritize fixing it.

Genius lists no working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.