Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line Level Recording Issue

I have been unable to solve this issue for weeks, researching and spending money on adapters which did not work.

I'm trying to record into my iPad Mini 3 from an external source through line level. I have attached a picture of all the adapters I have bought in trying to make my setup work. This is coming from an interface headphone out (will use in conjunction with a normal aux cable. The problem appears to be at the iPad input. I can see my Apple headphones switch out for its mic in my app, but it doesn't recognize any of these adapters.

User uploaded file

I was quite positive that last one with the green and red splitter would work because of this setup someone did for their iPad: http://trialanderrorblog.com/live-stream-audio-directly-ipadiphone/

So what am I missing? Why does it work for her and other people and not for me? Again, I'm trying to get an aux signal from my interface headphones out to my iPad. I see now why the first adapter didn't work because it did not have the 3rd ring on it. All of these other products I bought was claiming to work with iOS.

I've been "burned" so many times, as you see, so I really, really need help! Links below to most of what I bought.

Thank you.

-Brandon

FOS POWER ADAPTER

RED AUX CABLE

STEREO JACK SPLITTER ADAPTER

iPad Mini, iOS 10.2.1, Mini 3

Posted on Feb 1, 2017 2:58 PM

There are no replies.

Line Level Recording Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.