Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie dissapeared on iPhone 7 Plus after reloading

Just had to reload from beginning my iPhone 7Plus (as a "new iPhone"), but apps like iMovie, GarageBand and some others disappeared. Please help!

Posted on Feb 4, 2017 12:10 AM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2017 10:59 AM in response to Lealeti8

Hello ​Lealeti8,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

If you erased and set up your iPhone 7 Plus as a new phone, any apps that originally came with the device and are tied to your Apple ID would be available for download again. Search for the apps first, because they may have been placed in a folder initially.

Use Search on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

Create folders and organize the apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch​

Download your past purchases​

Take care.​

Feb 5, 2017 2:25 PM in response to Lealeti8

Hello Lealeti8,

Here are a few more things we can try to get these apps back on your iPhone.

First, on your iPhone, try signing out of the App Store and then signing back in. Be sure to use the Apple ID that you used to download and install these apps in the past.

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Then, tap on the Apps icon on your iPhone. If it is not already selected, tap on the Featured tab at the bottom of the screen. Scroll down to the Quick links section at the bottom of the Featured screen and tap "Apps made by Apple." You should be able to get your apps downloaded this way.

Get Apple apps for free on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Lealeti8, if you are still being prompted to purchase these apps, click on the link below to report this to the iTunes Store Support team.

iTunes Support
Use this form for assistance with account and billing, code redemption, or purchase questions.

Take care.

Feb 5, 2017 12:36 PM in response to judysings

Thank you so much for your answer!

First thing I did was searching first in my phone, and after in iTunes in history. And nothing, apps was not there. I went to AppStore, it was there, but not for free. As I understood the apps like iMovie, GarageBand, and some others are in iOS10 are free for users that have iPhone 6 and newer.

If there anything I can do to return iMovie, Pages, Keynote, Numbers and GarageBand? (Except buying it :))

All the best!

iMovie dissapeared on iPhone 7 Plus after reloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.