Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Connected, Low Call volume, High Music Volume

I have a iPhone 5s, I have a Bluetooth adapter i use in my car that i have been using for a few years now. Recently i noticed that I will have my music on fairly loud and when a phone call comes in, the ring tone is really low. When I answer the call the person on the other line is in extremely low volume. I have tried to put the volume by using the side buttons all the way up and i have tried to use the noise cancellation toggle to no avail because it only applies to handheld calls, which work fine. When I hang up the call, music goes back on at full volume about to blow out speakers because I had the volume so high to hear the other person. This low volume over Bluetooth also applies to face time audio and video.

I have read somethings about going into the accessibility settings but are there Any other options to check?

currently running ios 10.2

iPhone 5s, iOS 10.2, Bluetooth Audio

Posted on Feb 4, 2017 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Hello LuisJaimePerez,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. The good news is the following steps will be helpful in resolving your issues with volume when using your iPhone over Bluetooth with your car stereo:

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers!
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2017 10:06 AM in response to LuisJaimePerez

Hello LuisJaimePerez,

Thanks for that info and choosing the Apple Support Communities. The good news is the following steps will be helpful in resolving your issues with volume when using your iPhone over Bluetooth with your car stereo:

If you're using Bluetooth

1. Check your car stereo's user manual for how to pair with a Bluetooth device.
  2. On your iOS device, swipe up to open Control Center, then tapUser uploaded filetwice to turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Restart your iOS device.
  4. On your iOS device, unpair your car stereo. On your car's display, unpair your iOS device and any other devices. Restart your car and your iOS device, then pair and connect again.
  5. Update your iOS device.
  6. Install any firmware updates for your car stereo.
  7. If you still can't connect, contact Apple Support.

Get help connecting your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo

Cheers!

Bluetooth Connected, Low Call volume, High Music Volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.