Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Betting Tracker

I'm creating a betting tracker in numbers, I'd like my sheet to pull balances from various online book maker accounts I have.

I'd like to ask is this possible in numbers and if anyone has any advice on where to start, I'm relatively ok with excel but this is my first numbers sheet as I want to try and move away from excel.

Thanks

Mart

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 12:39 PM

3 replies

Feb 5, 2017 1:03 PM in response to perrisun

Hi Mart,

What you want seems possible, but as always, the devil is in the details, and a more precise answer isn't possible without those. Start with the big details: what OS version? (first item, Apple Menu) What version of Numbers? (first item, Numbers menu)

If you are not frequently adding, changing or quitting bookmakers, then gathering information from various accounts (tables) to a single table will probably be doable.

Regards,

Barry

Feb 5, 2017 1:42 PM in response to Barry

Betfair is the bookmaker that I'd like to have the balance displayed the other accounts I have are not as important.

Having just the betfair balance available while i'm keying in data will help as I wont need to check the site every

time I need to key data in.

Sierra 10.12.2

Numbers 4.0.5

Really appreciate your time and input Barry, Thank you.

Mart

Feb 5, 2017 1:59 PM in response to perrisun

Hi Mart,

Must have een reading too quickly—missed "online".

You probably won't need to check the site yourself, but can probably do the check using a script that would replicate the process and place the returned data into a specific cell.

Not within my capabilities, but there are several who have written similar scripts for retrieving similar data (stock prices) from online services. Getting a value from you own account might run into some difficulties in the testing stage, though.

You should hear from someone with scripting talents soon.

Regards,

Barry

Betting Tracker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.