Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help-two step verification has wrong phone number!

Apparently I turned on the two-step verification option with the wrong phone number. I have never had the phone number Apple keeps asking me to use now. This all opccured just as I was being deployed on a military assigmnment overseas and I did not have access to my email account. Thus I never saw the email from Apple gfiving me a short time to stop the process. Now that I am back my account is secured with a phone number that I have never had, and thus have no way to get back in. I have several thousand dollars worth of music and movies purchased in my account. I can verify the credit cards used, my addresses, etc, but not the phone number they require. Is all hope lost?

PS: I tried the account recovery - but even that requires me to know that phone number!

I had to create a new account (with a new email address) just to place this help request!

Posted on Feb 5, 2017 10:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 8:32 AM

Hi kennettpd,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like two-step verification on your iPhone is associated with an incorrect phone number, and you've already tried the online account recovery options.

You can get help with your Apple ID account by using the contact options in Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security .

Best Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2017 8:32 AM in response to kennettpd

Hi kennettpd,

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It looks like two-step verification on your iPhone is associated with an incorrect phone number, and you've already tried the online account recovery options.

You can get help with your Apple ID account by using the contact options in Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security .

Best Regards.

Help-two step verification has wrong phone number!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.