Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big issue with Varispeed in Logic Pro X 10.3.0

Here's what I'm running:

MAC BOOK PRO (Mid-2010) 17 inch

MAC OS Sierra 10.12.3

2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

8gb 1067 Mhz DDR3

Intel HD Graphics 288MB

LOGIC PRO X 10.3.0

Apogee Duet USB..

So, I gleefully bought the new Logic Pro X and was happily working with a project that I decided was a bit too fast. So, I turned on the Varispeed and my world came apart.. Hours of working on this project and now it seems kaput..

When the Varispeed is turned on it turns the tempo area of the LCD orange.. What it also does is kill the guitar signal going into the project. THere is no more signal.. What is curious is that when you turn the Varispeed off in the hopes of fixing the problem the LCD (tempo) window remains orange and the entire program needs to be rebooted.. However, the project that I have used the Varispeed on will not send signal to my guitar.. In fact, if I open that project it makes the computer go mad.. If you try to start another project the latency is horrendous until you restart the progrm or the computer.. I hope that I have explained this well.. Is there a fix or is this something I am doing or not doing? Thank you,,,,

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), MacBook pro 17

Posted on Feb 6, 2017 7:51 AM

10 replies

Feb 8, 2017 12:37 AM in response to kerochan

Just to update: I was on the phone with APPLE for almost 2 hours last night. The tech on the phone could not reproduce the issue on his end, but I pointed him to this thread and a few others to show that I am not alone in this problem, until finally he linked with my computer to Video record the problem I was experiencing.. He was incredibly helpful and patient.. He assured me that he would get back to me when he had something to tell me.. I will, of course, share what I find out..

Jul 6, 2017 7:41 AM in response to Vinnie Ramone

Hey Vinnie, I have the same issue – even with 10.3.1. I use another workaround:

1. Enable flexmode for all non-midi tracks (use the best sounding algorithm e.g. 'Flex Time - Polyphonic' for tonal instrument tracks)

2. Change tempo (in BPM) in the center LCD

Now all tracks are played back in the specified tempo.

You can also use the option "Follow tempo and pitch" in the region info bar. But I found the tonal quality is worse than when using flex.

Cheers!

Nov 9, 2017 2:57 AM in response to Vinnie Ramone

Hi Vinnie
I've come into this late.....as I've just discovered the issue.

I'm running 10.3.2....everything is up to date.

My issue is with the 'Speed Only' setting. 'Varispeed' (pitch and speed) seems to be fine. But when I just use 'Speed Only' and hit play the Audio tracks do not comply.

I've tried other suggestions like changing buffer size etc but nothing works.

Obviously it's not the end of the world but occasionally I like to test out a song with different speed variations without sounding like a chipmunk or Lee Marvin.

Anyone know if there's been a more recent fix?

Paul

Big issue with Varispeed in Logic Pro X 10.3.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.