Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create automator task for calendar?

HI,

In automator, I created a simple app to open an application in El Cap.

when I run it - it works

then I tried to make another automator app = new calendar event

I set it to start today at 6:00 pm until 1 month later

add to automator calendar (but I do not see on in my cal list hmmm?)

and alarm = open file and the file is the 1st one to open the application

------

when I run the cal app - it seems to load something in calendar - with a big long month strip

!!! but when the time passes - nothing happens and does NOT run automator 1 app to open the application.

Q: how do I get it to start the automator 1 app?

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Feb 6, 2017 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2017 2:39 PM

A Calendar Alarm is just a workflow that can be activated by a calendar event. When you save it, it is created in the Automator calendar in Calendar.

It should be set to Open File at time of event. However, I don't see mine doing that.

Create an event and change the alert to Open File at time of event. Then, set that event to repeat as required.

What you describe (long yellow bar) indicates an All Day event spanning multiple days. That is one event that is not repeating. It doesn't have a event time.

This video covers most of the details. http://macmost.com/adding-automator-alarms-as-calendar-events.html

Note the part about needing it to be an On My Mac calendar. Mine created the Automator Calendar on the iCloud account and that did not work.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2017 2:39 PM in response to revDAVE

A Calendar Alarm is just a workflow that can be activated by a calendar event. When you save it, it is created in the Automator calendar in Calendar.

It should be set to Open File at time of event. However, I don't see mine doing that.

Create an event and change the alert to Open File at time of event. Then, set that event to repeat as required.

What you describe (long yellow bar) indicates an All Day event spanning multiple days. That is one event that is not repeating. It doesn't have a event time.

This video covers most of the details. http://macmost.com/adding-automator-alarms-as-calendar-events.html

Note the part about needing it to be an On My Mac calendar. Mine created the Automator Calendar on the iCloud account and that did not work.

How to create automator task for calendar?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.