Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth won't connect to car audio or headphones

My iphone 6 hasn't been able to connect to my BMW audio since the i0s8 update. I can use it to make and receive calls but not listen to music. Over the past year I have tried all of the suggestions that I found on the support site...nothing worked. Has anyone else had any luck with these???

Recently, I have begun to experience issues with my iphone 4S AND my iphone 6 connecting to ANY Bluetooth device. Have tried 3 sets of headphones and no luck...it just keeps "searching" or at the least the circle thing keeps spinning but never finds the device. Anyone have any luck resolving this issue??

I used to love my iphones but...not so much anymore. Started looking at other smartphones because being able to connect to my music in the car and through headphones is THAT important to me. I am so disappointed. If the Bluetooth issues have not been resolved by June this year, I will no longer be an Apple customer.

iPhone 6, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 7:04 AM

6 replies

Feb 7, 2017 9:37 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Thank you for the suggestion but I already have... even set both phones back to factory settings and unpaired repeatedly from my vehicle and updated that software. There isn't anything I haven't tried except maybe standing on my head while attempting to connect. There have been multiple articles about the car Bluetooth connectivity and I have gone through the whole support process months ago. I'm just becoming even more frustrated because it still hasn't been addressed and now it's happening with headphones as well. I'm not sure what's going on and I don't want to spend several more hours on the phone with support trying to get something fixed that won't fix.

Feb 7, 2017 9:52 AM in response to mewzikluver

I see now that you are focusing on the car. What about the headsets that you mentioned at first?

Have you talked with BMW dealer?

At bottom, your lack of success with BOTH iPhone models with the same BT devices seems to point at the BT devices rather than the huge coincidence of both your iPhones failing at the same time (there are over a billion iPhones in the world)

If you live near an Apple Store, I would make a reservation to see the Genius Bar folks about 'any' BT connectivity - they can test with a BT of their own. If a standalone store like mine, the parking is right outside the door.

Feb 7, 2017 10:21 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

Oh and...I did go to the dealership. BMW isn't the only company that the iPhones aren't connecting to. And as I said before, I've already done all of those things. It seems that there is no place else to go with this but to wait as planned and have Apple get this fixed by June or switch phones.

It doesn't seem to be on the Apple priority list so switching phones now is probably the better plan.

Feb 7, 2017 11:03 AM in response to mewzikluver

I was not suggesting that BMW was the only car to have any problems 😕

At the dealership, there may be a limited number of folk that have expertise in BT connectivity (though it seems that that should not be the case because of all the devices that one can pair up)

In my experience with almost every "tech support", the first inclination of a 1st responder that cannot fix something is to blame "the other guy".

In final analysis, iPhone (at least your 6) should be able to connect to ANY modern BT device.

I would return to the dealer with a prepared "pitch" about how iPhones connect to BMWs all day every day - OR - go see a Genius (make a reservation beginning on the Apple Store near you webpage, you'll see where about mid way down the page)

Bluetooth won't connect to car audio or headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.