Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID keeps popping up asking for my password

How do I get rid of the pop up asking me for the password to my old Apple ID?

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 9:35 AM

Do you have any apps on your iPad from that account ? All apps (and anything else that is downloaded from the stores) are tied to the account that downloaded them - delete the apps linked to that account and buy and download them on your current account.

Or if it's the previous version of the same account try : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2017 9:35 AM in response to Mchenderson57

Do you have any apps on your iPad from that account ? All apps (and anything else that is downloaded from the stores) are tied to the account that downloaded them - delete the apps linked to that account and buy and download them on your current account.

Or if it's the previous version of the same account try : What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password - Apple Support

Wrong Apple ID keeps popping up asking for my password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.