Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to restore my apple Tv 2nd. generation, but iTunes do not have the software to do it.

Can´t restore my 2nd. generation apple Tv. iTunes do not have de software to do it.

AppleTV 2, iOS 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2017 5:29 PM

If your problem persists get yourself a micro USB cable for the Apple TV 2 and 3 models or a USB-C cable for the Apple TV 4 (sold separately), you can restore your Apple TV from iTunes:

1. Remove ALL cables from Apple TV. (if you don't you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source List)
  2. Connect the micro USB (or USB-C) cable to the Apple TV and then to your computer.
  3. Reconnect the power cable (omit this step for Apple TV 2)
  4. Open iTunes.
  5. Select your Apple TV in the Devices list (which can be found below the volume slider near the top of the iTunes window), and then click Restore.

(You may already have a micro USB cable if you have a camera or other digital device)

If your Apple TV fails to restore through iTunes……..

1. Check that you have correctly followed the instructions for your model of Apple TV.
  2. If not already, try using a powered USB port.
  3. Repeat the process but this time try connecting the cable while iTunes is closed.
  4. Repeat the process with another cable.
  5. Try restoring the Apple TV on another computer in another location.
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2017 5:29 PM in response to Baigts

If your problem persists get yourself a micro USB cable for the Apple TV 2 and 3 models or a USB-C cable for the Apple TV 4 (sold separately), you can restore your Apple TV from iTunes:

1. Remove ALL cables from Apple TV. (if you don't you will not see Apple TV in the iTunes Source List)
  2. Connect the micro USB (or USB-C) cable to the Apple TV and then to your computer.
  3. Reconnect the power cable (omit this step for Apple TV 2)
  4. Open iTunes.
  5. Select your Apple TV in the Devices list (which can be found below the volume slider near the top of the iTunes window), and then click Restore.

(You may already have a micro USB cable if you have a camera or other digital device)

If your Apple TV fails to restore through iTunes……..

1. Check that you have correctly followed the instructions for your model of Apple TV.
  2. If not already, try using a powered USB port.
  3. Repeat the process but this time try connecting the cable while iTunes is closed.
  4. Repeat the process with another cable.
  5. Try restoring the Apple TV on another computer in another location.

I need to restore my apple Tv 2nd. generation, but iTunes do not have the software to do it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.