Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 2G

Hello, I am here to ask a question about an iPhone 2G, I don't have it but I want to buy it for collection. Here's the problem:

The seller says his iPhone starts and shows the iTunes logo, and my question is: If I use DFU Mode, it requires its old account of iTunes? I mean, can I reset it with no problem?

He also gave me the imei(he has the box) to check if it's all right. Please answer. Thanks.

User uploaded file

<Image Edited by Host for Personal Information>

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 4:49 AM

You may not be able to restore a disabled original iPhone. The max iOS for that device is 3.1.3 but the iPhone 2g is officially an obsolete device and no longer supported. Even the oldest vintage products (iPhone 3 is vintage in the USA) supports iOS 4.

Apple typically drops all support for obsolete products, and that includes operating system support when all products that require a specific OS or OS version are obsolete. Also, the iPhone 2g is AT&T only and AT&T has shut off its 2g legacy network, so it's useless as a cellphone too.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1084805

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2017 4:49 AM in response to maraics

You may not be able to restore a disabled original iPhone. The max iOS for that device is 3.1.3 but the iPhone 2g is officially an obsolete device and no longer supported. Even the oldest vintage products (iPhone 3 is vintage in the USA) supports iOS 4.

Apple typically drops all support for obsolete products, and that includes operating system support when all products that require a specific OS or OS version are obsolete. Also, the iPhone 2g is AT&T only and AT&T has shut off its 2g legacy network, so it's useless as a cellphone too.

Vintage and obsolete products - Apple Support

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1084805

iPhone 2G

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.