Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro weird screen colors after waking

Hello, I have a early 2015 MacBook Pro with Retina 13 inch display. After waking my computer from sleep the screen as distorted colors. It does not do this all the time but i'm worried there may be something wrong with it since it does this. Any ideas on how to fix this or what is even wrong with it? I've included pictures of what it looks like with the distorted colors and what it normally looks like. I've also included a picture of the overview of my Mac. Please let me know whats wrong with it. Thank you!User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), macOS Sierra (10.12.3)

Posted on Feb 8, 2017 7:45 AM

14 replies

Feb 9, 2017 9:30 PM in response to Isaac850

One thing you can do is to boot holding down "D" and run Apple Diagnostics and see if anything shows up. If it does, you can call Apple and arrange for a repair.

Also, there might be an AASP closer than the Apple Store that could run a hardware test and repair your Mac if necessary.

If you have Applecare, the repair would be done at no cost to you. If not, it would be a paid repair, but your Mac might qualify for the flat rate depot repair of $300-$350.

Good luck!

Feb 11, 2017 12:58 PM in response to Isaac850

That's encouraging. I wonder if it could possibly be software related? Has it been happening all along or did it first start with Sierra? If so, a future update might fix it.

Do you have AppleCare? If so, you could call them on the phone and ask them about this and see what they say. If you do this, be sure to get a case number to document when this problem first started. In case it might in the end be a hardware issue, there might be an extension program that would cover it beyond the AppleCare coverage.

Good luck!

Feb 11, 2017 1:12 PM in response to Isaac850

That's good, because you do have free phone technical support. They might have some other ideas on what the problem might be and have some other troubleshooting methods you could try. Once when I was having problems they actually emailed me a little diagnostic program to install and run. So this might be the best way forward. You definitely should contact them and get a case number and see what your options are.

Good luck!

MacBook Pro weird screen colors after waking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.